Hey guys Joe here with the new Black Ops 2 DLC map pack ‘Apocalypse’ releasing August 27th on Xbox Live!
The new DLC pack will bring two new multiplayer maps, two re-imagined fan-favourite maps, and the teased brand new Zombies experience called ‘Origins’!
4 New Multiplayer Maps
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: A re-imagining of the ‘Stadium’ map included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC, where you’re marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite ‘Courtyard‘ from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
Origins Zombies Map
- Deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France, you will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map – Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen – as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.
- Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. You’ll need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination.
Mark Lamia head of Treyarch Studio had this to say about the new map pack!
Mark Lamia, Studio Head at Treyarch, talked about Apocalypse:
Apocalypse is Treyarch’s grand finale to Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is the perfect culmination of our efforts, and fan feedback, with two all-new multiplayer maps for players to experience for the first time, and two fully reimagined fan-favorite multiplayer maps from past games – and Origins, our most epic Zombies experience to date. Apocalypse is a DLC pack that our fans will never forget.
Apocalypse will go Live on August 27th, first on Xbox Live.
Source of media: Credit to Treyarch for the DLC information and the image of Apocalpse above!
Trailer coming soon! Hope you enjoyed this and be sure to check out the other related posts if your interested in some other gaming news!
~Joe Foster ( Xbox LIVE GT: OMG its AcidA )